Are you being abused?
- 1 in 4 women will be victims to domestic violence in their lifetime. Look around the table at lunch – which one at the table with you is going through it?
- Approximately 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are physically assaulted by an intimate partner annually in the United States.
- Most cases of Domestic Violence are never reported.
- 3.3 MILLION children will witness a domestic violence act in their home.
Does your partner:
- Embarrass you with put-downs?
- Look at you or act in ways that scare you?
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to or where you go?
- Stop you from seeing your friends or family members?
- Take your money or Social Security check, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Make all of the decisions?
- Tell you that you?re a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your children?
- Prevent you from working or attending school?
- Act like the abuse is no big deal, it?s your fault, or even deny doing it?
- Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives or other weapons?
- Shove you, slap you, choke you, or hit you?
- Force you to try and drop charges?
- Threaten to commit suicide?
- Threaten to kill you?
If you Answered YES to these questions – then you need help! Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline now!
Am I Being Abused Checklist:
Note: “Whether I’ll Live or Die” is an intense and emotional novel dealing with domestic violence. You will see first hand what it does to Amanda a young adult female starting on her. You will also follow along with Nicole as she deals with the world of domestic violence through the eyes of the law as a police officer.
This book is currently in Editing stages and should be released Summer 2012.
Stacy Eaton is a police officer in the state of Pennsylvania and has been for almost 12 years. This is information is intended to assist. We do not take any responsibility if our tips do not work.